In total, the pan weighs approximately 22 lbs / 10 kg. The lid weighs approximately 12.63 lbs / 5.73 kg; the base weighs 9.37 lbs / 4.27 kg.
The interior of the pan measures 11.5 in / 292 mm long, 9 in / 228 mm wide, and 5 in/ 127 mm high. The Exterior, including the pan’s handles are 15.4 in / 392 mm long, 10.5 in / 266 mm wide, and 5.4 in / 136 mm high.
The Challenger Bread Pan is the only pan on the market in which every single detail was designed with the bread baker in mind. The sealed environment of a covered black cast iron pan is the only way to Bake Bread Like a Pro™ in a regular oven. Our pan is hand-poured and hand-seasoned in the United States. It is handcrafted every step of the way. The Challenger Bread Pan is designed to last. We created The Challenger to be passed on to your family, ensuring generations of home bakers will continue to bake and enjoy quality craftsmanship. Learn more about the Challenger Bread Pan here.
Yes! By joining our Challenger Breadware Affiliate Team you can earn a 10% commission on every purchase made by the bakers you refer from your baking classes, your website, and your social media accounts. Please click here to inquire about becoming an affiliate with Challenger Breadware.
We want you to think of your Challenger Bread Pan, or any item we sell, as items you can pass down to future generations of your family. We work hard to ensure that Challenger Breadware items are crafted to last. We also want you to be happy with your purchase. If you are unsatisfied with your purchase for any reason, you can return your order for a full refund within 60 days of purchase. Clothing and accessories must be unworn, unused, and in good condition. Please contact us at email@example.com and a member of our team will respond personally to your return request. All returns are processed within 7 working days.
We do our best to keep shipping costs down. Shipping is calculated on shipping distance and carrier delivery options. You can calculate shipping costs before entering your payment information.
Shipping globally has been a priority for us from the beginning, and we have proudly shipped our Challenger Bread Pan to over 45 countries worldwide. We have negotiated the best possible rates and fastest global shipping with DHL; however, customs’ duties and taxes vary greatly from country to country. These fees are due to DHL at the time of delivery and are not included in our pre-calculated shipping costs. To learn more about our international carrier, visit DHL.
Challenger Breadware donates $2 USD from the purchase of every pan to Black Lives Matter or a similar organization that’s fighting the oppression of our BIPOC and LGBTQ communities. Fighting police brutality. Please donate to such organizations if you can afford it. If you live in the US, vote at the federal, state, and local levels. We’ve got to keep the pressure on. We’ve got work to do. It just takes one person at a time to start a revolution.
• Although not necessary, you can line the base of the pan with parchment paper or even load the pan using parchment paper if it’s easier for you. You may also add a sprinkling of semolina before loading your dough.
• Some bakers have found it helpful to add an ice cube (or two) in the corner of the base of your pan before you place the cover on and bake. This can often give you optimal blistering and crust texture.
• When baking with cast iron, especially with high heat, there can be a tendency for the bottom of the loaf to get too dark. There are a couple of different methods that solve this problem:
(1) Instead of just taking the cover off partway through baking, take the cover off, and turn it over on your stovetop. Then, place the base on top of the cover, and put the entire pan back in the oven. The extra air space will keep your bottom from getting too dark.
(2) You can also try turning your oven down to 435°F/224°C right after you load the pan for the first time. We still recommend preheating your entire pan to 500°F/260°C for that initial pop of radiant heat.
Be the first to know! We’ll send out emails with new products and promotions — as well as recipes and baking tips.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.